Education and advocacy
Heightened community awareness is essential to ending the cycle of sexual abuse and to create a broader environment for healing for survivors.
As part of our mission, Shepherd's Counseling Services offers:
- professional education seminars and trainings
- consultation to individual and community mental-health providers
- consultation to medical and dental providers
- educational workshops and presentations for community groups
- speakers for meetings or events
We can provide information on agency services or on the individual and societal effects of childhood sexual abuse, a complex trauma that can lead to other life challenges. For more information, call (206) 323-7131.
Our newsletter is available free to the public.
Shepherd's also offers a range of resources for health-care providers, including workshops and provider training and consultation.